Tuesday 20 March 2012

Ukulele Update 7+8

It's been about two weeks since my last update so it's about time that I got around to posting another V-Log on my progress.  Like usual I've filmed two V-Logs that I'm simply putting into one post because they really flow with one another.
In my first V-Log I was looking to try out another strumming style than the one I was previously doing. (just to switch things up!)  The style I ended up testing out is called a "Chunk".  Chunking is essentially just strumming the Ukulele then muting it with the palm of your hand all in one strum.  At first I had some trouble doing it the way I was being taught, so I decided to try it an alternative way that you will see in the V-Log.  I also tried learning part of a new song as well (The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars) which I am actually quite enjoying because it's not as hard to learn as some other songs on the Ukulele.  Oh and the site I learned how to "Chunk" from is Ukulele Underground.
V-Log 7
( I apologize in advance, for some reason the original recording was corrupted at the beginning and the sound is a half a second off.  I've tried re-uploading it numerous times to Youtube but it is the initial recording that is the issue.)


For my second V-log I recorded myself once again playing the song Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World.  Since my goal by the end of my project was to be able to play this song, I like to record myself after each V-log so I can see my progress over the updates!
Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think:
V-Log 8

No comments:

Post a Comment